According to Erste-Hilfe Kurs München, first aid is a set of urgent measures aimed at saving a person’s life. Accident, a sudden attack of disease, poisoning – in these and other emergency situations competent first aid is necessary.
Erste Hilfe Kurs Führerschein München says that first aid is not medical — it is provided before the arrival of doctors or delivery of the victim to the hospital. First aid can be provided by any person who is at a critical moment near the victim. For some categories of citizens, first aid is an official duty.
First aid is an elementary but very important skill. In an emergency situation, it can save someone’s life.
Algorithm of the first aid
In order not to be confused and to provide first aid competently, it is important to follow the following sequence of actions proposed by Erste Hilfe Kurs München:
- Make sure that during first aid you are not in danger and that you are not endangering yourself. 2.
- Ensure the safety of the victim and others (e.g. remove the victim from the burning car). 3.
- Check the victim for signs of life (pulse, breathing, pupil response to light) and consciousness. To check the breathing, tilt the head back, lean toward his/her mouth and nose and try to hear or feel his/her breathing. To detect a pulse, place the pads of your fingers on the victim’s carotid artery. To assess consciousness, take the victim by the shoulders (if possible), gently shake him/her and ask a question.
- Call specialists: ambulance, police, firefighters.
- Give immediate first aid. Depending on the situation, this may include restoration of airway patency; cardiopulmonary resuscitation; stopping bleeding, and other measures.
- Provide physical and psychological comfort to the victim, wait for the arrival of specialists.