According to Handy, carpets are incredibly useful for improving the overall look of your home and can allow you to add texture and warmth to the floors of your room. However, there are so many options to choose from that it can sometimes be daunting to single out an option. Fortunately, you can simply follow the latest carpet trends to make sure you choose a popular option.
Here are the latest carpet trends to make your home fabulous:
- Animal print carpets – These are a great option if you have a bold personality and like to live a maximalist lifestyle. Animal print carpets may come in a variety of options, but the most popular options remain cheetah or leopard prints that look phenomenal in almost any surrounding. With an animal print carpet, you can liven up a whole room even with the most essential furniture in it.
- Layer rugs on the carpet – In most homes, wall-to-wall carpeting is the common feature. However, it’s also possible to layer area rugs on top of old carpets and when done correctly, it allows you to update an old carpet by adding extra texture.
The only thing you need to pay attention to is to make sure that the area rug complements your old carpet instead of competing with it.
- Natural fiber carpet – When it comes to flooring, hardwood is one of the most popular options due to its organic look and feel. However, it is also costly to incorporate hardwood flooring into a home. A great alternative in such cases is to apply natural fiber carpeting made of wool, jute, seagrass, and sisal since it offers a similar organic texture, feel, and look to hardwood flooring.
- Subtly patterned carpets – One of the best ways to add elegance to your room is to install a subtly patterned carpet. Unlike animal print carpets, subtly patterned carpets also add a lot of texture to any area but don’t make you feel overwhelmed or constantly attract attention. For instance, elegant square patterns with neutral hues such as white or grey can offer a great contemporary look and feel without overtaking the room. Instead, it adds to the overall beauty of the space.
- Vintage rugs – Installing carpets inside your home not only adds to the beauty but can also become very functional. For instance, you may install vintage rugs on your stair to add some traction and increase safety in case of accidents. Turkish or Persian rugs are both great options if you want to modernize your space and add a lot of visual interest.
- Simple carpets – Simple carpets have outlasted trends for a reason — they are timeless classics. Simple neutral solid-colored carpets are best suited for living rooms and family rooms that witness frequent activity. In fact, if you have rich leather furniture with dark accents, it’s a perfect fit for beige or soft tan carpets. And, if you still feel outdated using simple carpets, you may want to go for a woven carpet or low-pile option instead of the usual high-pile option.
Handy believes that it is important to inspect the quality, look, and feel of a carpet before deciding to purchase one. Thus, it makes sense to purchase them from a physical store instead of ordering online.