Electricity is one of the necessities of our lives. We cannot do anything without electricity. If you are recently shifting to Madhya Pradesh and looking to get a new electricity connection, this article can be very helpful for you.
To obtain the electricity connection, you need to apply it to the respective electricity board. The government-run power companies in Madhya Pradesh are:
- MPPKVVCL (Madhya Pradesh Pashchim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Ltd.)
- MPMKVVCL (Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Ltd.)
- MPPKVVCL (Madhya Pradesh PoorvKshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Ltd.)
How to apply?
To apply in person, you need to visit your local area electricity office and have a consultation with authority. They will tell you the main division office that you can contact to apply for the electricity connection. You can also get the address of the respective SDM office online.
Now visit the respective office with all the documents needed. They will give you the form and advice you on how to initiate the process. You can also download the application form online. Once you fill the application, submit it along with the required documentation to the respective authorities. They will verify the submitted documents, and if all the documents are correctly submitted, they will ask you to pay the fee for the procedure.
Once you finish the payment procedure, a receipt will be offered to you, which you need to keep safe for future reference. Your application will undergo internal processing, and a technician will visit the property you want to get a new electricity connection on the scheduled date. During the survey, the technician will mark the place for the meter, main supply entry, and other needed equipment. He will also prepare a survey report which he will submit in the office. If the report shows the right condition for the new electricity connection, an applicant will be informed regarding the same.
You need to visit the office again to get the charges for the required equipment like meter, service line, etc. Once the payment is made, the applicant will get the receipt for the same. Once all the above-given procedures are complete, the company will issue the work order, and the power supply will be provided.
Paying Electricity Bill Online:
Once you get the electricity connection, you will need to pay the monthly consumption bill for the same. You can easily pay electricity bill using few platforms, which are:
- Smartphone apps – There are few apps you can install from the Google play store, like Paytm, PhonePay, etc., using which you can easily make electricity bill payments online. You just need to select your service provider, enter your id and make the payment.
- Airtel Payments Bank – To make the MP online electricity bill payment, you can also use websites like Airtel Payments Banks. The procedure is simple and similar to making UPPCL online bill payment. You need to select your service provider, fetch the bill by entering your ID and make the payment.
Paying electricity bills online is easy and lucrative as some platforms also offer attractive discounts and cashback.