What is Ganaton and what is it used for?
Ganaton is a medication that is used to treat gastric problems such as nausea, vomiting, heartburn and stomach problems. Besides, it can also be used to treat or resolve the feeling of stomach fullness that usually happens after or during taking a meal. This drug is derived from a chemical substance called Itopride. Usually, it is available as over the counter medicine and is sold in 50 mg tablet form. You can easily find this drug at any nearby local drug stores or pharmacies.
How to use Ganaton?
This drug must be taken orally. You must not crush or chew the tablet. Usually, it must be taken 15 minutes before the meal. However, different people might have been given different prescriptions. It is up to the doctor to decide what is the best dose for a person. This is because every person has different health status, disease severity and also diseases. The doctor needs to assess all these aspects first before deciding on what is the most suitable dose for your body. After all, make sure to tell your doctor everything about your health so that he or she knows what to expect. Remember to always read the label and instructions before taking this drug.
If you miss a dose, quickly take the drug as prescribed. Then, you may continue your daily dose as usual. It is very beneficial to have a fixed schedule on when to take the drug because it can help you to remember the timing better. Besides, do not take a double dose because it can be lethal. Please do not increase or decrease the dose on your own as it can also cause other problems such as drug complication problems.
What are the precautions before using Ganaton?
Every drug will usually have their own precautions. Ganaton is one of the drugs that has many precautionary steps and its own side effects. It is very important to know about these precautions so that it is safe to take this drug. The list of precautions before taking Ganaton is listed as below:
- This drug can make you sleepy. So, it is best to avoid driving or any activity that needs your mind to focus after taking this drug.
- This drug might interact with other drugs and can cause drug toxicity. This is why it is important to inform your doctor about all the drugs that you are on. Please advise your doctor about the safety of taking this drug together with the other drug.
- Taking this drug together with alcohol might cause some adverse reactions that are not good for your health. There is still no concrete evidence to support this claim. However, it is always wise to take a precautionary step by deciding not to take it together with alcohol.
- For pregnant women, taking this drug is known to be harmful. It is known that it will not cause any harm to both the mother and also the baby. So, it is safe to say that this drug can be taken by pregnant women.
- Ganaton tablets are safe to be used by breastfeeding mothers. There are no reports indicating that it can cause an adverse effect towards the baby through feeding.
- For people with chronic medical illness such as liver or kidney disease, it is advisable not to take this drug. Because there is still no evidence to support the effectiveness of this drug on people with chronic medical illness, it is always a good idea to refer to your doctor’s opinion.