Trying to try out new potato recipes for dessert? We’ll let you in on how to bake a potato into savory desserts. Below are some simple recipes to get you started.
3 Simple Potato Recipes For Dessert
Sweet Potato Cinnamon Buns
- Ingredients: Bun
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2/3 cups of milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mashed potato
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- Mix flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in a bowl
- In another bowl, place milk and butter in a microwave until butter is melted about 110F.
- Stir in the egg and mash potatoes and conquer all the mixtures
- Knead the dough until it’s elastic. Form the dough into a ball and transfer it to a greased bowl, cover it in a warm place for 30mins to 1 hour to rise.
- Roll and flatten the dough into a big rectangle.
- Pour the melted butter over the surface of the dough and spread the butter evenly.
- Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, and sprinkle over the butter.
- Roll the long side of the rectangle tightly toward you.
- Slice and place the rolls in a well-greased baking pan, one inch apart. Cover and allow to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and bake the rolls for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
2. Sweet Potato Brownies
- Ingredients: Sweet Potato, Butter, Maple Syrup, Cocoa powder.
- Preheat the oven to 180 /350F.
- Add all your ingredients and blend with a food processor until it becomes a smooth batter
- Transfer your sweet potato brownie batter into the lined pan with baking paper.
- Bake brownies for 18-20 minutes, or until the brownies are cooked through.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to cool before slicing into pieces.
3. Maple Cinnamon Sweet Potato Cookies
- Ingredients: 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup sweet potato puree, 1/2 cup butter, melted, 1 tablespoon maple syrup,1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 cup brown sugar,1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Mix all dry ingredients apart from the brown sugar and whisk.
- Mix sweet potato puree, butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Mix until well combined and make tablespoon-sized balls of dough. Put a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until they turn golden brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.