Blocked and clogged drains have become a common household problem these days. Drains and pipes need to be maintained and cleaned from time to time, or else they can get clogged. And it is hard to work around when you have a blockage in your drain. The main reason to keep your pipes and drained maintained is that they can get highly gross and nasty when they clog.
The nasty smell, slow draining, overflowing draining are the few signs which mean you have a blockage in your drain. But what can you do to make it go away?
Here are a few tips for you that can be useful for you to fight in case your drain gets blocked:
- Pour down some hot water in the clogged drain. Wait for 20-30 minutes and then repeat the steps. This can be only helpful when blockage is caused by substances with a low melting point, like grease, toilet paper, mud, etc.
- Mix baking soda and vinegar in equal quantities and pour it down in the drain. Let it sit down for 30 mins, and repeat the step if necessary.
- Mix 3 to 4 cups of caustic soda in half a bucket of cold water and pour it down into the clogged drain. Let it rest for 20 minutes, and then pour hot water. If this doesn’t unclog the drain, repeat the steps.
- Use a wire hanger as a hook to fish out for the thing that is causing the blockage.
- Plungers are the most effective tool when none of the above tips can help you out. And this tool is a common household item. It works like a vacuum and sucks out the blockage.
- Call a service provider company and hire a professional. If none of the above tips worked out for you and didn’t unclog your drain, then the blockage is severe and must be taken care of as soon as possible. You need to call for professional help. There are highly professional and experienced plumbers for blocked drains in Brisbane, Northside.
Don’t reach out to a point where you need help with a clogged drain. Keep your drains and pipes cleaned. If you can not do that on your own, we know how gross it can be; you can always hire help for you. There is nothing that you can’t find in Brisbane.
There are also benefits of hiring a professional plumber.
- They are not overpriced; you can always find one in your budget.
- They come with a warranty.
- They will save you a lot of time and pain of going through cleaning the drain.
- They will tell you the estimate of the expenses in advance that need to be taken care of.
As you can see, hiring a professional plumber has immense benefits.
If you are having a hard time doing all the cleaning yourself, it’s time to hire a team of professional and experienced plumbers to get rid of blocked drains in Brisbane northside today!