We understand the importance of meal planning only when we are running late and we have started to follow a healthy diet. Your conscience does not allow you to grab a burger from the local café but you have absolutely no time to cook yourself a hearty meal.
If your pantry is all stocked up and you have spent some time during the weekend to do some meal prep, you will like to have enough ingredients in your hand to cook yourself a quick healthy snack.
If you are looking to lose weight but have no time to cook yourself, give Healthy Xpress subscription a try if you live in Dade or Broward counties of South Florida. The purpose behind Healthy Xpress is to cook and deliver freshly prepared food according to the macros and weight goals of their clients. Each healthy meal plan is personalized according to your nutrition requirement, specific diets you are following, and your taste preference.
Some quick and nutritious meal recipes
The following recipes are quick that you can easily incorporate during hectic days. In addition to saving time, these meals can easily fit into your budget and your nutritional profile as well.
- It tops the list of pre-prepared meals that can be eaten at any time of the day.
- Full of fiber and delicious ingredients, this bowl of oats is heart-healthy and helps in reducing cholesterol.
- Chop some bananas. Layer rolled oats, banana, and chia seeds in a mason jar.
- Add some cinnamon powder, a pinch of sea salt, and a teaspoon of honey (if you like your oats extra sweet).
- Add milk and leave it overnight, preferably for 2 days in the refrigerator.
- You can add additional toppings right before you are ready to munch on it.
Slow cooker soup made with lentils:
- Add 1 cup of dried lentils to a Crockpot.
- Add vegetables of your choice and roasted tomatoes.
- Add some pantry spices like bay leaf, cumin, garlic, and cloves.
- Add pepper and to make it a tad bit spicy, add a tablespoon of adobo sauce.
- Fill the pot with vegetable stock, some olive oil, and a teaspoon of vinegar.
- Cover the pot and let it simmer for about 6-7 hours on low to medium heat.
- You can prepare this during the weekend and store it in the fridge.
- Warm it in the microwave to have during lunch or dinner on days when you have no time to breathe.
- Stir-fries are versatile as you can cook with available ingredients.
- Drizzle a skillet with oil, add some chopped onion.
- Add chicken or tofu as per your dietary preference. Cook them for 2-3 minutes and remove them from the heat.
- Add some oil in a separate wok and add some diced vegetables. Cook on high heat. Add chicken/tofu back and mix it thoroughly.
- Add minced garlic, soya sauce, vinegar, honey, salt, and white pepper powder.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with ½ cup of stock and put the mixture into the wok.
- Once it thickens, your stir-fry is ready to serve.
- You can eat it as a standalone dish or serve it with some boiled noodles or brown rice.
Above all, eating fresh food with seasonal ingredients is the key to success in following any diet to achieve a healthier body and mind.