After you’ve decided what you want to sell on Amazon, you’ll need to complete the Amazon seller registration process, which is rather straightforward. You can follow the below steps or go now to Amazon website to learn more.
- Go to https://services.amazon.com and fill out the form.
- Select “Learn more” from the drop-down menu. Then Select “Compare selling plans”. This will take you to a page where you can compare the differences between a personal seller account and a professional seller account. If you click the orange ‘Sign up’ button, you’ll be transported to the professional seller registration page right away.
- Select between a personal and a professional seller account. You have two alternatives when it comes to Amazon’s seller plans: professional and individual. If you plan on selling more than 40 things per month, becoming a ‘professional’ is the best option. This method will save you money even if you’re selling as a hobby and don’t consider yourself a professional. Select the individual plan if you want to sell on a lesser scale (i.e. fewer than 40 items per month). However, if you choose the individual plan, your products will not be eligible for the Buy Box, and you will not be able to advertise your products on Amazon.
- Type in your email address and click ‘Create a New Account.’ After you’ve selected the best selling plan for you, you’ll be prompted to provide your email address and a password for your seller account. Click the ‘Next’ button when you’re finished. This will take you to a second screen where you will be asked to confirm the notification that was sent to the email address you supplied on the previous screen. This is Amazon’s way of confirming the email address you provided.
Keep an eye out for an email from Amazon, and make sure to click the link to authorize the notification. After you’ve approved it, you’ll be brought to this screen:
- Select your ‘Business type’ and ‘Business location.’ The following information must be shared as the next step in the Amazon seller registration process:
- Your company’s address is: This is the country where your company is based. It’s critical that this is correct, as Amazon will double-check it.
- Your company’s type: You’ll be able to select your business entity.
- State-owned enterprise
- A government company
- A privately held company
- Fill in your personal details. You’ll then be asked to furnish Amazon with a variety of personal information. A form of identity (either your passport number or your driver’s license number) is required. Make sure your address is valid since Amazon will send you a postcard with a verification code that you must enter before using your account. You’ll also have to provide them with your phone number. This is, once again, for verification purposes.
- Fill out the billing information. The following step is to give Amazon your billing details. A valid bank account number and a valid credit card number are required.
- Fill in the blanks with information about your product(s) and Amazon store. Following the validation of your credit card information, you’ll be asked a few questions regarding your Amazon store and the products you plan to offer.