Air conditioners are necessary appliances in both the home and the office. An air conditioner can cool and dehumidify the environment in a matter of minutes. This provides immediate relief. You’ve grown so accustomed to using air conditioners that it’s difficult to imagine life without them. The air conditioners take a lot of abuse from the environment in order to provide us with comfort, so air conditioning maintenance is required for optimal performance.
Why is aircon servicing vital?
- If minor issues discovered during service are not addressed, they can develop into major issues that may necessitate costly repairs.
- If air conditioners aren’t serviced on a regular basis, they lose efficiency.
How to get the aircon serviced often?
Air conditioning should be serviced by a professional at least once a year.
People frequently forego service if they believe the air conditioning is in good working order. It’s a bad idea to skip a service. For hours at a time, your unit removes dust and circulates a significant amount of air. This dust collects on the components of your air conditioner.
The following are the consequences of dust build up in critical areas:
- Condenser Coil: Heat is exchanged with the air by the condenser coil. Dirt builds up over time, reducing its efficiency and effectiveness.
- Filters: Airflow is significantly reduced when filters become clogged with dust. Refer to the guide on the importance of air filter cleaning.
- Evaporator Coil: This is the coil that is located within the indoor unit. The air blows over the chilled evaporator, which cools your room. The evaporators are harmed by dirt, and the cooling system suffers as a result.
If you don’t have air conditioning, you’ll lose cooling capacity, cooling speed, and power consumption.
Frequency of Aircon servicing
Your aircon might necessitate frequent service if used under confident humid and hot conditions.
Ponder the next points:
- Age: As your air conditioner gets older, it will need to be serviced more frequently.
- Temperature: The components are put under more strain as the temperature rises.
- Usage: Air conditioning usage hours per day
- Environment: Dry dust aggregates and becomes sticky as a result of moisture and rain.
If the air conditioner is used for a long period of time (say, 18-20 hours per day), or if the weather in your area is hotter. Singapore, for example, has a high humidity level and many rainy days per month. The air conditioner has to work harder than usual because of the humidity and heat. The components’ increased wear and tear necessitated more frequent inspection and service. In Singapore, air conditioning repair is prohibitively expensive.
Moisture is another environmental factor to consider. Dust collects faster in moist air than in dry air and solidifies, clogging the air conditioning coils and filters. It’s possible that you won’t notice any changes until the air conditioner loses a significant amount of efficiency.
With years of wear and tear, older units have weaker parts. They will fail if the system is not treated properly. Have your aircon servicing every 3 months if you’re using it a lot. The evaporator and condenser coils will remain clean as a result of this routine maintenance, and the air conditioner will remain efficient.